The Grand Jury
The Grand Jury is chaired by the President of IROST and composed with
- The Chairman of the Khwarizmi International Award
- Heads of the Scientific Committees
- Fourteen eminent scientists in different fields of Science and Technology
- The President of IROST who also held the position of Deputy Minister in the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology
- The Deputy President for scientific cooperation and international relations
- The Chairman of the KIA of the KIA
- The Executive Chairman
- The Executive Expert Group
Applications submitted to the KIA , are forwarded after registration to the Scientific Committees according to the regulations and deadlines fixed each year in the call for participation.
Each session, the heads of the Scientific Committees are officially selected by the chairman of the KIA. These committees are composed of highly-authoritative academics coming from different scientific institutions and representing different disciplines.
In autumn, these Scientific Committees, each composed of different scientific groups, examine each application according to determined regulations and criteria. They might contact the candidate for further information.
Where Scientific Committee Members feel that they would benefit from additional expertise in tackling a particular application or issue, they might consult external experts and/or invite them to join the committee for a better expertise.
At the end, the head of each scientific committee shall write an official report for the secretariat stating that all the candidatures submitted have been duly considered and shall present the names of the finalists to the Grand Jury of the KIA.
The Scientific Committees of the Khwarizmi International Award cover the following disciplines:
|F10||Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Sciences & Veterinary Medicine|
|F7||Biotechnology & Basic Medical Sciences|
|F4||Electronic & Computer|
|F3||Materials, Metallurgy & New Energies|
|F1||Industry & Technology Management|